Local Food Infrastructure Fund Deadline
July 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Last day to submit an application for the Local Food Infrastructure Fund!
The Local Food Infrastructure Fund (LFIF) supports community led projects that strengthen food systems and help to facilitate access to safe and nutritious food for at risk Canadians. It was created as part of the Government of Canada’s Food Policy for a healthier and more sustainable food system in Canada.
This phase of the LFIF is aimed at the establishment and/or expansion and/or completion of local food systems within rural communities, small cities or with Indigenous groups. It has been designed to create or foster connections within food systems by enabling organizations to partner with other communities and other organizations to collectively strengthen local food systems and address food insecurity in a sustainable manner.
Eligible applicants must be capable of entering into a legally-binding agreement and are:
- Indigenous groups in either urban centres or rural areas (e.g. Indigenous communities, Indigenous organizations); or,
- Located in rural communities (population under 1,000) or small cities/municipalities (population between 1,000 to 29,999).
These organizations must have a mission to reduce food insecurity by establishing and/or expanding and/or completing their local food system.
Eligible Projects must:
- Create, expand or implement two or more new food system components. Projects must be infrastructure specific and be community-driven projects dedicated to improving food access;
- Include funding requests for grants between $100,000 and $500,000; and,
- Be completed by March 31, 2024
- Please visit the LFIF website to review the Applicant Guide and learn about the requirements of this new intake.
- Please review Annexes A and B to understand what needs to be included in your Application Form.
- Please note that the application intake period will start June 1, 2022 and will end July 15, 2022. The application form will be available at that time.
For full details, please read: