Business Recovery Financing
IAPO is pleased to offer Business Recovery Financing (BRF) to eligible First Nations businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Funding, which extends until March 31, 2021, is provided through the Indigenous Economic Development Fund by the Ministry of Indigenous Affairs.
How much financing is available?
Up to $50,000 is available for eligible small and medium sized First Nations businesses recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic. Business Recovery Financing is comprised of a 50% grant and 50% repayable financing at 0% until December 31, 2022.
What can BRF be used for?
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Eligible First Nations Businesses can apply to IAPO for Business Recovery Financing. An eligible First Nation business is defined as a business registered in Ontario that is majority owned (i.e., at least 51%) by First Nation person or people. A joint venture or consortium is also considered a First Nation business if it is majority owned (i.e., at least 51%) by the First Nation partner(s). To be eligible, applicants must be First Nations with registered status.
To be eligible for Business Recovery Financing, an applicant’s project must meet the following conditions:
- Demonstrate clear project-specific needs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Demonstrate potential to maintain employment, business and/or training opportunities for First Nations people; and the potential for the business to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
General Business Financing Requirements – Eligible applicants must provide:
- A business plan for the BRF requested. The business plan must include details of the proposed activity, a sound budget with eligible funding activities demonstrating acceptable value for money in terms of output and results, as well as outline the viability of the project to assist the business to recover from the pandemic;
- Confirmation that other available sources of financing from public and private sources are either not available or are limited in terms of availability, funding levels, or based on their specific criteria;
- Confirmation as to why the project cannot be funded without BRF support. Applicants with the financial means to fund the project are not eligible.
BRF is available to support qualified First Nations farm and agribusinesses across Ontario. As well, BRF is available to support qualified First Nations businesses in all sectors in East Central and Eastern Ontario.
Find out more about Business Recovery Financing
For more information, including complete eligibility requirements or an application, contact I-800-363-0329 or firstname.lastname@example.org